It took me about two days to develop a pattern for the bodice of this basque. I wanted it to have the style lines of the reference piece, but to fit my modern, uncorseted body. (Corsets are cool and all, but I'm working on my posture and don't want to wear something daily that replaces back muscles.) Today, I pattern sleeves.
Today, I'll be making a modern pattern from a vintage collection. McCall's 7056 is a vest pattern, which can be made with or without notched collar/lapels. I opt for the collared version (view B). I wish they had the pattern for the skirt in there, but they don't. That's what I call false advertising!
A little while ago, I thought I should revamp my tags to be a bit more useful. So that's been an ongoing project. Here's what I've done.
"Historical" is history
The tag Historical was too broad because it encompassed history lessons and tidbits, historical costumes, and historical inspired modern clothes. Plus, everything from the dawn of time to yesterday is technically historical. So I went through everything with that tag and replaced it with one of the following, more specific, tags:
"Project Diary" Problematic
The Project Diary tag was originally meant to distinguish between posts where I simply showed a finished product (not a diary!) and posts where I did a step-by-step walk-through of making it (diary!). I no longer care about that distinction, and I doubt my readers ever did. So I went through all those posts and filed them according to era or one of the following:
Other New Tags
Added the following:
Quilting, dressmaking, and history plied with the needle...
Blogs I Read