The pattern is super simple: the back is one panel, and the front is three panels, sewn together to make a large box pleat in the front. There are facings for the waistline. I have just enough of a wool-look polyester houndstooth to get all the pieces, but not to lengthen the skirt. The pattern is size 16, which is one size up from my usual 14, but I made it with no alterations because the chart on the back said it was the right size for me.
I did a good job with the facings that finish the waist: first lining the facing pieces with some of the polkadot cotton I had used in the blouse, then sewing the facing to the waist, then tacking the facing down at the seams and inside pleats.
I used more of the white polkadot cotton for the hem, binding the bottom edge before turning it up and sewing it in place with the blind hem stitch.
Quilting, dressmaking, and history plied with the needle...
Sites I Enjoy