My old lunch bag made of oilcloth (a kind of lightweight vinyl) served me well for about a year, but even good things must come to an end! In this case, oil from my hands disintegrated the vinyl grips, while occasional heavy lunches took out the bottom corners. So I came home from work one day, shook my head, and pulled it apart to make a new one!
I have a friend with cervical spine damage who is always on the hunt for the perfect pillow. She asked me if I could make one for her that had the following qualities:
The Ahsoka Tano dress being done, I had to make a few accessories to really create the character. The biggest thing was the belt with its apron front. Then gaiters for the feet, and leggings with diamond-shaped cut-outs. I'll post about the belt and leggings today, but not the gaiters, because (I'll be honest) I found the gaiters really annoying to do and I'm not happy with them. They're not bad... just not gonna be in this post. Maybe I'll post about them in future, when time has passed and I can be objective.
The Ahsoka Tano costume continues! After all my pattern work, I cut out the pattern pieces in the red twill. I have just enough
Several months ago, I had in my stash two slivers of cream-colored poly-satin. If I had to guess, someone made a wedding dress with a gored skirt, and these skinny triangles were the leftovers. I also had a few scraps of another satin, but this one less shiny, in the same color. From these, I intended to create a shirt that would match my tulip skirt, and thus be a valuable addition to my wardrobe. As to the actual result, well... it was educational!
Quilting, dressmaking, and history plied with the needle...
Sites I Enjoy